Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet or Kindle Fire?

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Tablet or Kindle Fire?

Hi All,  I'm after a tablet to use mostly for emails and internet browsing.  I was looking at the Lenovo E10, which I thought for £90 was a good spec and good size 10" screen.  But, the Kindle Fire have good reviews, although for a comparable price the screen size would be smaller.  I've already got a Kindle paperwhite so don't need it for books.

I would welcome any opinions/advice.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tablet or Kindle Fire?

Hi southken,

I would look at the

Huawei Mediapad T5 10.1 Inch 16GB 5MP WiFi Android Tablet

My friend has the higher spec model and finds it excellent

It has a faster processor at 2.36GB better resolution screen at 1920x1200 pixels  against 1280x800 pixels

Both have a 2GB Ram and 16GB storage the Huawei can be expanded to 256 GB don't know about the Lenovo   

The Huawei also comes with a two year guarantee but is £119.99 at Argos but I think is worth the extra money

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop  i5 processor 8GB Ram and a SSD Hard drive which is the best laptop I have had so hopefully Lenovo products are all good

southken
Rising Star

HelloDuck,  thanks for that, I'll have a look at the Huawei.  I've decided on a 10" screen, so I've narrowed it down a little!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this which is very interesting it is more expensive than Argos but the information about the product is very good

Its a minefield and comes down to what you can afford or want to pay

The Argos price is excellent for a brand new one and will be there to collect next day at my  local Sainsbury's/Argos don't if you live near to a Sainsbury's

The beauty of Argos is you can take it back and get a refund if it's not suitable

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/tablets/mediapad-t5/

southken
Rising Star

HelloDuck,  Thank you so much.  I have decided to go for the Huawei, I can collect it tomorrow.  I watched a youtube review as well so I know what to expect.  It seems to be highly recommended and as you say it's a good price at Argos.  Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great glad to help 

My friend uses her Huawei for everything and can't fault it

have sent you a private message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed