cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV as PC Monitor on Wireless Network

peterbarker
Grafter

TV as PC Monitor on Wireless Network

Is there a way of using your TV as a PC Monitor on a Wireless Network?  I can stream music, pictures and video via my PlusNet wireless network to the TV at acceptable quality (I use  D-Link dsm 510).  However,  what I would like to do is to use the TV as a big PC monitor via the wireless network (not via a cable link).  My keyboard and mouse are wireless and have a reasonable range.  So if I could somehow get a monitor display on the TV via wireless, I could then use the keyboard and mouse to control the PC remotely.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: TV as PC Monitor on Wireless Network

A lot of it depends on the TV, the normal resolution of a TV is not normally good enough for PC script.  The next is a media centre to connect to trhe TV that can be connected to the TV, most will
scootie
Grafter

Re: TV as PC Monitor on Wireless Network

your going to need stuff like this  http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=81920 not a clue which is best.
at the momment i just use a dell studio laptop with a 256mb graphic card via hdmi cable to a 32" samsung. i cant see those av senders being good enough to send a HD