cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Remote

valart
Grafter

TV Remote

I have noticed that my on off button on my remote is taking a long time to switch on and off all the other buttons are fine,should I buy another remote, I have seen them in the shops priced at nine pounds and they work on most models and wondered if they are easy to set up.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TV Remote

You could try taking the back of the remote, and then using methylated spirit on a cotton bud, clean up both the contact pad on the back of the button, and the landing area on the circuit board, then let it dry for a few minutes before putting back together.
I've done this on about 9 TV remotes, and similarly on around 7 telephone handsets and mobile phones,  and for me it has always worked.
Wink

Alternatively, search on eBay for either the specific model of the remote handset, or just look for "remote" and the TV model number.
I have done this when buying additional remote handsets and they just work straight out of the box without programming.
You will usually find a few variations in the design, just pick one you like.
Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

It is typicaly the press & hold of 2 buttons for a few seconds, then release & wait till it switches the TV off
or locating the codes
see
How to Program a Universal Remote Control : Universal Remote Programming of TV
valart
Grafter

Thanks guys I took your advice and took the remote apart and found some sort of sticky substance on that contact ,I think something must have got inside it I cleaned the contact and it is working fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know !  Cool