cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Remote Control Channel Toggling Challenge.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

TV Remote Control Channel Toggling Challenge.

I like to toggle between two channels on my TV, when the adverts come on (or |I get bored with the programme). Roll_eyes

Now days, the ad-breaks seem to be longer and more synchronized, so you always get adverts.

My phone has an infrared function and lots of devices to operate.

Is it possible to, or is there and app, that can allow me to toggle between, more than two TV channels?

6 REPLIES 6
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: TV Remote Control Channel Toggling Challenge.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean but - although I haven't tried it - I thought you could arrange the channels in any order you wanted, which would mean you could put your favourites together and just use the P button to go up and down as required.  The best way to avoid adverts is to watch the BBC, after all you've already paid to do so. 😀

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Jonpe  That's a good idea:-) 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Leapy 

Why not record the programmes you want to watch so that you can flip through the adverts?

My TV has an USB socket that will take memory. I have a cheap 128GB SSD connected to it. If I pause the live broadcast as soon as it starts I can then do something else for 20 minutes or so. If you get the timing right you can finish the broadcast at the same time as every one else by fast forwarding the adverts.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Baldrick1 that is a very sensible way to watch TV and I already have an old Humax for that sort of watching to whizz through the adverts.

I don't watch much live TV, but when I do, its the same adverts, over and over again.🙄

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Many programmes are repeated late the same day or within the next week, and these late night repeats have fewer adverts.  I also discovered recently that although the commercial channels show adverts on catch-up TV on line, those breaks are much shorter so a 90 minute TV show comes down to just over an hour on catch-up.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @Jonpe 

"The best way to avoid adverts is to watch the BBC"

But the BBC takes every opportunity to insert adverts for itself and they are really annoying. I wish they would cut them out and save some of the money that they are wasting.