Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Causes DNS error on all other devices

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: TV Causes DNS error on all other devices

@alsayeds - your hub has lost contact with the management platform for some reason so I'm unable to update it.

Can you do me a favour and factory reset it by inserting somethign into the pinhole at the rear until the status light flashes green.

Once done, I'll give it another go.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

alsayeds
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen 

Sorry this took a while but I have now factory reset the router. Unfortunately I cant get any workaround for the TV and other devices to work at the same time now. If they do it seems to be very intermittent.

Also, while the TV is on and viewing my home network in a browser the page continuously refreshes.

alsayeds
Dabbler

Hi, I'm not sure if there are any new ideas but I still cant seem to get my router to work very consistently. I still have the same issue where the tv being on causes DNS errors on all other devices (most of the time). More recently I factory reset the router as suggested and since then I both my partner and I have has issues connecting to our work servers from home (tv off, no DNS error).

To be able to connect to our work servers we need to reset the router each morning and then it appears to work for the day.