Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Card Viewer

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

TV Card Viewer

I have a TV card installed in my PC and I used to use Windows Media Centre to watch and record live TV.
Having moved to Windows 10 where WMC no longer exists, I'm looking for a simple free app to use,replacing what WMC did.
I have tried Kodi (XBMC), MediaPortal and NextPVR but they are either complex to set up for live TV or simply don't work.
Does anyone please have a replacement for WMC to work in Windows 10?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
5 REPLIES 5
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: TV Card Viewer

Google is your friend..

watch live tv on windows 10

result.........  http://www.howtogeek.com/132462/5-alternatives-to-windows-media-center-on-windows-8/ ;   Wink
avatastic
Grafter

Depending on the make of the card, it probably came with software that you can use in place of WMC.
If not, this one appears to be free.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@shutter thanks, I did try some in that list before making this Topic.
@avatastic Thanks, I'll have a look at that one which I haven't seen before.
Unfortunately I have misplaced the disc that came with the card.
I can download the application Smiley but it needs activating with the original CD Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
CX
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I can download the application Smiley but it needs activating with the original CD Sad

Hauppauge?
Have you looked at MediaPortal 2? It no longer has a dependency for MySQL, which makes configuration a lot simpler if you aren't used to setting that up.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Strat

Having moved to Windows 10 where WMC no longer exists, I'm looking for a simple free app to use,replacing what WMC did.
I have tried Kodi (XBMC), MediaPortal and NextPVR but they are either complex to set up for live TV or simply don't work.

I'm under the impression that MediaPortal works with Win10 so I assume you must be discounting it because you've formed the opinion that it's too complex to set up.  Undecided
I've been using MP (various version 1) for about 2 years and IMHO it's not really too complex to configure, and the benefits are well worth it.  For example MP enables you to watch/record all the channels on a single multiplex per tuner, whereas I believe WMC can only handle a single channel per tuner.  e.g. BBC1 HD, BBC2, HD ITV HD, CH4 HD and BBC3 HD are all on the same multiplex so with MP you can watch/record all of those simultaneously with a single DVB-T2 tuner against WMCs choice of a single channel from that list.
One tip which I've followed is to install a RAMDisk for the Timeshift Buffer (which is used when watching live TV) to save having the files being constantly written to a physical HD which obviously saves a good deal of wear.  Another tip worth following is to install the LAV filters when offered.
If it's of interest I've got 2 x TBS Quad tuners installed (TBS 6285 and TBS 6985, although the satellite one is not being fed at present) and MP handles many simultaneous recordings trouble free.