Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-link powerline adaptors any good?

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

TP-link powerline adaptors any good?

Just picked up a pair of tl-pa210's at a boot sale this morning. (£1 for the pair with cables)
200Mbs on the front, they work in a quick test in the computer room, but not tested throughput just connection.
So are they any good or should I just resell them?
5 REPLIES 5
markm9
Grafter

Re: TP-link powerline adaptors any good?

I use these homeplugs, on my fibre connection, with no issues at all,  i currently have 4 of these hooked up, covering all 3 floors in house, with no speed loss throughout, only thing is i didnt pay a £1, steal at that price Cheesy
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Thanks, it was a chance if they didn't power up or WHY, but at 50p each I reckoned the cabled were worth that.  Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

TP-Link Powerline adapters are the best one's I've had actually.
I gave them to a member of my family and got some new Netgear ones and I've had to disconnect them a few times.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I haven't really got a use for them at the moment. Impulse buy  Wink But SWMBO paid for it  Grin Grin  Kiss
I may try them out to the shed, but until I get it cleaned up I will not be out in it. I already have long ethernet cables run to the bedroom and downstairs to switches there, so no need.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use spare homeplugs to locate additional wireless access points (on different channels) around the house to give maximum WiFi coverage.