Having had problems accessing Ancestry using my 3yr old WR1043NDv1 router since the new web-site features were released (it appears that the router PPPoE implementation and Ancestry are no longer compatible) I decided to get a replacement router. Paying a few pounds extra meant I could have a TD-W9980 all-in-one, leaving the ECI modem and a 2704n for backup or testing. Delivered by Amazon on Sunday it was up and running quickly (almost plug-in and go), with an extra half-hour to change the setup to my defaults (probably impossible with the 2704n!). Ran it for a day and then updated the firmware to the G.INP capable version which brought the latency back to 12ms from 20ms but stopped the status page from being displayed by Palemoon (64bit Linux version) and erratic under Win7/Palemoon Tried a number of configurations - safe mode, disabling various combinations of add-ons ... - with limited temporary success until a random thought popped into my head I then disabled pipe-lining and there have been no problems since. Just a heads-up in case others have the same problem. One other comment, it seems that it is only possible to access the management interface if you use "tplinkmodem.net" (very slow if the router is not the DNS device) or the IP address. Using a local FQDN or short-form results in a "403 Forbidden" response. Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up) Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.