cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG589vac connection, to PN. Did I choose the password?

FIXED
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

TG589vac connection, to PN. Did I choose the password?

I decided to try my old router on my PN connection today, mainly because the wireless was much better (apparently) than the PN one and I don't have to have an item in the DMZ to allow pings from the TBB monitor (opens too many ports when stealth checked). However, I put in the username and what I thought was the password (is it what I chose when I ordered or is it something else?). Although the connection connected, no throughput, so I am assuming the password was wrong. How do I find out please, without having to wait astronomical times in the queue?

Thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Re: TG589vac connection, to PN. Did I choose the password?

I may have forgotten to put the @plusdsl.net after my username Crazy3 . I won't try again for a few days as don't want to upset the connection, so finding out about the password would still be good Smiley

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Fix

@Marksfish

One easy way to check if you're using the correct password is to try and login here:  https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

That requires the same password as your Internet connection, although the username is just that, i.e. doesn't require the @plusdsl.net bit.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@MarksfishAre you talking about the "router password"   or the password to log in to PlusNet site/email ?

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

For the router, I don't have a need for the email so have never used it and don't know (want to know) the password for that either Smiley If the answer is what Rob says, I didn't get the connection because I forgot the @plusdsl.net on the end Embarrassed Will try again in a couple of days, thanks all Thumbs_Up

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So you don't need to check the bills, raise problems or look at any user-specific info?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Not with my Plusnet email address no. I did not ask for one and I have received no email configuration details. I signed up with my own domain name, everything should come to that address. I do not need a PN address to check a bill, nor look at anything in my member centre.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Sorted thanks Rob Thumbs_Up For a crabby old SSE router, I now have an extra 2MB sync down and 1MB up. I love my router (sad I know) Smitten  Inital results show that the wireless is better on the 2.4ghz spectrum, I now get closer my sync speed on the TBB tester. The 5ghz gave good throughput on the PN router anyway and this laptop doesn't have it, so can't test.

I would much rather use the PN router than mine as it is more configurable and has the ability to name connections, but this one will do me for now.

Thanks all for the input.

Mark