System Error

Hi All
Can any one help? I am getting an Error Message: Error: 0E : 0028 : C0012D2C
My System Properties are:
13 REPLIES 13
Jovetic
Grafter

Re: System Error

Have you recently installed new software?  If so remove it.  That should sort it out for you.  Do a reg clean aswell, also check that only what you want is running in MSconfig  Start>run>Msconfig startup tab.
This si just geussing mostly, need more information on when it happens, im guessing start up though looking at the message.
Not applicable

Moved to Computer and Hardware.
Jovetic
Grafter

On a side note, get rid of ME Tongue
mcgurka
Grafter

Here is what MS have to say
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308366
Pretty much any kind of software bug imaginable, but worst comes to worst, your installation of windows ME is hosed.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jovetic
Have you recently installed new software?

No.  Sad
This si just geussing mostly, need more information on when it happens, im guessing start up though looking at the message.

It happens wen I go to shut Down the computer, and wen I and running son programs.  Sad
Quote from: Jovetic
On a side note, get rid of ME Tongue

I like ME,  Wink  I hait XP
mcgurka
Grafter

not long till M$ pull support for ME, if they already havent though!
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I've never used Me, but it's not the first time I've heard someone mention how bad it is and to upgrade. Seriously, it may be worth picking up a cheap OEM copy while you still can (I assume you still can at the moment?).
Personally I don't mind XP .. once I've disabled balloon tips, shortened the title bar height, set show all files and extensions and disabled all of the other Nags.
Put it this way, I've heard people say you should upgrade from Me to XP, but has anyone heard of anyone say upgrade from XP to Vista Roll_eyes
(excluding Microsoft or any company selling it).
I haven't.
Jovetic
Grafter

I was very aprehensive about upgrading to Vista, but now that i have i must say i am very happy with it.  No problems as yet, but you do need the ram, my ram usage idle is approx 600 meg.
zubel
Community Veteran

http://dotnet.org.za/codingsanity/archive/2007/12/14/review-windows-xp.aspx is worth a read
Slightly tongue in cheek methinks Wink
B.
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Ah hem!! at the expense of upsetting again some who don't especially like (or at least approve of) disposing of goods in this forum. I have a copy of ME upgrade edition. PM me if you want it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
mcgurka
Grafter

Vista, Ive got no problems with it at all. Hasnt crashed, locked or anything, does exactly what I want, when I want, although it does 'ping' a lot!
samuria
Grafter

Your Problems could be to much memory as 98 and ME cant handle more than 512 ram.
see
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=2438
for some tips on it
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank's samuria you got me thinking - Now RESOLVED by doing: