cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SurveyMonkey survey - Why ticket raised?

burrowsp
Grafter

SurveyMonkey survey - Why ticket raised?

Hi,
I recently received a SurveyMonkey survey via an email from Plusnet asking about my recently activated account. I completed this and thought no more about it.
On Tuesday (5th Nov) I noticed that a Support Ticket had been raised against my account by James Bailey - HLE - Complaints Manager. The ticket contained the email detailed above that had been previously sent to me. This ticket was then Assigned to Customer i.e. me.
There is no further notes on the ticket relating to why this ticket was raised and no details on what I'm supposed to do with it.
Please could you advise me on this.
Many thanks
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: SurveyMonkey survey - Why ticket raised?

Hi,
We (or rather I) survey every customer a week after their broadband is activated.
The way that this is done is to raise a ticket with a survey link.
I'll close the ticket on your account.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why after only a week ?
After only 7 days, the new customer will have barely had time to assess whether they are happy with the service, or explored the features in the Member Centre, their new connection may not even be stable yet as their line would most likely still be in the ten day 'training' period, and they will still be apprehensive until the first billing month has successfully completed and payments taken.

I have long thought that Plusnet surveys are sent out too quickly.  As a recent example that happened to me -
I raised a ticket to have interleaving removed, three days later I receive a "Customer feedback survey" email from Plusnet, five minutes later I get another email informing me that my ticket was acknowledged, then three days later the interleaving got switched off.
Why was the "Customer feedback survey" sent out when my ticket was first acknowledged, rather than when the ticket was closed ? - which would seem a more appropriate time to ask the customer how things went, and would give Plusnet some chance of putting things right if the process had gone wrong !
James
Grafter

It's a survey about how the provisioning journey went.
The one you are referred to is asking you for feedback of how your ticket was answered.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: James
It's a survey about how the provisioning journey went

What does that include ?
Is it just the sign-up process,  or does it cover the customer being happy with their (hopefully) working service ?

If it is just the sign-up journey then OK,  but if it includes customer satisfaction with their new service then it seems a bit hasty.
James
Grafter

No, it doesn't really.
The main points are asking whether or not the customer had to call us about their order, and if they did, it asks questions about how their call was dealt with.
It's not asking about how happy they are with their new service.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough !  Smiley
although I still think you should send out the ticket feedback survey WHEN THE TICKET CLOSES - either initiated by the customer or when it times out and closes automatically after 14 days.
James
Grafter

The reason we don't do this as we're looking to hear about the initial contact you had with the advisor that responded to your ticket.
Appreciate fully that in some cases (perhaps like yours) it's about the overall outcome.
burrowsp
Grafter

Another very strange quirk of the Plusnet systems. You actually have to raise a ticket to send me an email?
I thought the Complaints Manager may have raised the ticket as I put 'No' against where it asked if the Broadband had been provisioned on the day I was told it would be.
James
Grafter

The Complaints Manager DID raise the ticket Wink
It's basically a system we use to send "bulk tickets". It's not the ideal situation, but it's one I can do relatively easily without burdening our developers.
burrowsp
Grafter

I know the Complaints Manager raised the ticket, it said so on the ticket  Wink
The email was actually from The Director, Customer Experience.
As I said, I thought the ticket was raised as a complaint as I highlighted that the service had been installed on a different date to the one Plusnet stated. The process just confused me, that's all.
Many thanks for the clarification, James, and for closing the ticket.
James
Grafter

Sorry - I do all of the Customer Satisfaction surveying and reporting for Plusnet, it's just not in my job title!
Paul's name is at the bottom as he is ultimately responsible for the overall Provisioning journey Smiley