Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden error message regarding not finding Proxy server

Averagejoe
Grafter

Sudden error message regarding not finding Proxy server

Hi,
some random messsage staeted coming up on my sons laptop on IE and Chrome every time he tries to load the internet, along the lines of, we cannop find/locate etc. Proxy server.  This isn't soemthing we've enabled by choice so before i cerate havoc do anyone have any advice or past experiecne on this.  AFAIK it was fine 2/3 days ago.  He hasn't downloaded anything that he can remember.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Sudden error message regarding not finding Proxy server

I've come across this on someones laptop before.  I found a load of malware on there which I cleaned up, and removed the proxy server settings and all was then ok.  I put the proxy setting changes down to some of the malware that the user had installed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Averagejoe
Grafter

pjmarsh, is this likely to be somehing the free versions of malwarebytes can handle or better to take it in to the shop?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It was malwarebytes that I ran, and that did the job for me.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Averagejoe
Grafter

thanks I'll give it a go.