cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stylus pen and app for android tablet

Mav
Fixes: 514

Stylus pen and app for android tablet

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of using a stylus pen and app with an android tablet?
For ease I want to be able to take notes at some meetings I'm due to attend soon but don't want the hassle of pen and paper. My Acer 8" tablet didn't come with a stylus pen so am wondering whether it's just a case of buying a pen (they seem  to range from a few squid to over £50) and installing an app?
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Stylus pen and app for android tablet

take the pen and paper it will cause you less headaches...
the only android device that I know of which can be used a a notebook is the galaxy note (which comes with its own stylus pencil) most capacitive touch screens wont recognise a pen type stylus only the big bulbous things you get free with the cheap Chinese cases  and screen protectors
unless your planning on spending over £100 on a proper digitizer pen that's designed to work with you specific tablet/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Pen & paper? Hassle?
What could be less hassle?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: Force
Pen & paper? Hassle?
Carrying it around, getting creased, pages out of order, losing pages - so many things with me  Grin
Quote from: Force
What could be less hassle?
Voice recorder? But then I'd have to transcribe it.
Further research and it seems that Acer do a couple of capacitative pens suitable for use with the A-840FHD. This is one of them
I have emailed them to confirm their suitability.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

the fat end is the stylus and there horrible to write with, if your going down that route you might as well get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-Touch-Screen-Pen-Stylus-For-Phone-Tablet-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S3-HTC-MI...
a lot cheaper and if you loose one you still have more to use Smiley
all capacitive stylus's are the same fat and horrible to write with, the only thing that looks like a pen and has a thin tip is a digitizer and iirc they come with surface pro devices or with the galaxy note http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Touch-Screen-Capacitive-Stylus-Replacement-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-S-Pen... there cheap enough that you could buy one to see if it works but personally I doubt it will since I've had a plethora of these type of devices and they don't work on most of the smart phones /tablets I've tried them on /
there's some info you might find useful here http://www.tabletpcreview.com/howto/how-to-use-a-stylus-with-your-tablet/ or you could try any of these thousands of info links https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=best+stylus+to+write+on+acer+8%22+android+tablet
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

A stylus came built in with my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and it's hardly ever been out of its slot.
I found it awkward to use so don't.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine