cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid and complex VoIP settings!!!

Conkers

Stupid and complex VoIP settings!!!

I have recently signed up for plus net broadband with broadband phone.  X-lite is working fine so i know the system works.
I need to use the service with a Zoom 5800 ATA, but at the moment i have never managed to connect.
The advanced set up is far more complex than the x-lite software and after trying most of the settings and wasting lots of time i'm now very frustrated with it.
Technical support were unable to give me advice so they recommended i tried the forum.  So, here i am.....................
Is there an expert out there that coud help me?
Thank you
Phil Wink
4 REPLIES 4
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Stupid and complex VoIP settings!!!

Last year, I set up an ATA1100 also supplied without any info and, when the service is available, it works well.
If you're interested, I am willing to talk through my settings with you, or if you send me a copy of the 5800's menu requirements I'll have a go at identifying the required values.
I found the menu values of other ATA's useful from, for example, PlusNet for devices they supply or supplied.
If you wish to proceed, contact me via the Forum e-mail and we can perhaps talk using your existing X-Lite client!
Regards
puddy
Grafter

Cheapist way get a linksys pap2-na adapter off ebay £13
and plug it in to a spare port on your router and use a normal phone plugged in to pap2.  I had mine up and running in 5 min no port forwarding or stunn setting, much better to use than x-lite.  If you need any help setting it up let me know and I will talk you through it over the phone.
Or
For £60 buy a speedtouch 716wl from plus net and the voip phone ports are built in.
puddy
ps I use sipgate a lot  they tell you how to get it working and show you what to put in the box's for you device. 
www.sipgate.co.uk

Conkers

Thanks for the replies.
Fotobits, i will send you some screen shots of that's ok.  I sent them to plus net support but they couldn't help, so hopefully you could give me some further advice.
Thanks again
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

OK Conkers, I've sent you an e-mail with a personalised e-mail address.  It will last until our correspondence regarding this matter is complete!
Let me have your screen grabs.
Regards