cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange speakers

dgreen007
Grafter

Strange speakers

I've had my creative 5.1 surround speakers for some time now and for about the last year or so the volume has never been stable.
I have to turn it up quite high to begin with but then that sound will drop to almost unhearable, straight away. It never stays at one level.
It's either too loud or too quite.
The volume control is a creative 'box' which has the volume control on the left, the bass level on the right, a head phones socket at the front and a green light on the top when it's on.
I'm only using two speakers + the woofer/control centre which has to be on for the speakers to work.
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: Strange speakers

probally a knackerd amp. your best bet if u havent allready is to google the the model of  creative and see if any one else has had the same problem and if there is a fix.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Or configured incorrectly in Control Panel.  Roll_eyes
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You could try uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers - also look to see if later drives exist and install that after uninstalling.
dgreen007
Grafter

Thanks guys for all the advice, now I'm back from 'Bank' holiday hell I shall investigate drivers,FAQs and Control panel.
Cheers, much appreciated......
I have to admit, in my frustration I wacked the damn volume contol box thingy and it seems to have cured it (last 10mins ok).
Pathetic I know but sometimes this has to be attempted (not recommended without adult supervision  ;))
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

(not recommended without adult supervision  ;))

and a suitable sized bank balance to replace the damaged item !    Cheesy Grin