cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Cannot connect to my VPN Server

aldabbagh
Grafter

Still Cannot connect to my VPN Server

I've made topic about this before, but I've told that I can't connect to my VPN was because my usage was finished. Also I'm an IT Technician so I do know what I'm doing(Confused about this particular problem) Yes every is set correctly. All the ports are forwarded to the port (PTPP is 1723) Which connect to my TechniColour router. My server has 2 LAN ports one is on-board and the second one is an add-in card. The settings are done correctly. I've done multiple port checks, Now it's telling me it's not working.
Also my Usage just renewed today.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123118.msg1068577.html#msg1068577
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Still Cannot connect to my VPN Server

Hi, You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding for a VPN connection. There was some issues with IpSec VPN's and certain firmware versions of the TG582n , see here http://npr.me.uk/vpnissue.html
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aldabbagh
Grafter

I'm not using IPsec, I'm using ptpp.  Cheesy
avatastic
Grafter

If you're using IPSec then you need to forward Protocol 47 as well as TCP port 1723.
[code[A. To enable VPN tunnels between individual host computers or entire networks that have a firewall between them, you must open the following ports:
PPTP
To allow PPTP tunnel maintenance traffic, open TCP 1723.
To allow PPTP tunneled data to pass through router, open Protocol ID 47.

But the forwarding should only be required if you're trying to access a VPN server sitting behind your router, from elsewhere on the internet, everything outbound should be handled by NAT.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
aldabbagh
Grafter

I've done everything you've told me. Can someone tell me it's not working? I can connect to it via the LAN IP, but not when I connect from my outside IP. Broadband firewall is turned off, VPN Server is allowed through the firewall of the server.
Also web server works fine.
aldabbagh
Grafter

All I did was I added the server in the DMZ.. It worked, I fail!
Thanks for the help! Cheesy Cheesy  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin