Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Series RMA Nightmare!

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Steel Series RMA Nightmare!

Anybody had any dealings with SteelSeries and returing stuff ?

We seem to be getting a proper run-around by them, in all honesty it's a nightmare. We sent some stuff back to Denmark last month and they are saying they've not recieved our rma yet even though we had the stuff tracked through at quite an expense. They keep batting back and forth with silly meaningless messages which appears pretty much like a Bot!

4 REPLIES 4
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Steel Series RMA Nightmare!

ASUS UK take their time , SCAN sent my GFX 02/02/17 to them ----------------------------- eventually ASUS  said they received it  12/03/17 after 8 days yes is duff , Credit note sent out

Wheres it been ?? for 4 weeks

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
30FTTC06
Pro

Well they have responded and gave us a coupon for £220, but they have none of the expensive headphones in stock and neither can they tell us when new stock will be available and seeing as we only have 30 days to order a replacement I can't see how we move forward with this.

Think carefully guys before you buy from these fraudsters!

SteelSeries_fatigued.PNG

Mav
Fixes: 514

If you paid by credit card can you not contact them under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act or try a Chargeback if you used a debit card?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

30FTTC06
Pro

The product is a bit long in the tooth as you can see above, so we have decided to just go with the next most expensive option they have in stock at this moment in time, we can get the lad up and running again with something else of use, I guess we all know the frustration of using another cheap alternative while-waiting etc.

Also had a chat with their online service which ended up with them just quitting out of the conversation (No Not Me) so I think with that kind of mentality we're best off just taking what is available!

We bought these from Overclockers who have been great with us in the past to the point of sending back a card that just wouldn't fire-up for a board we were using, So I think doing that to Overclockers would be a liitle unfair on them.

@rongtw  Always had a great experience with Scan He's a nice lad that owns that as well, I recall having a chat while waiting in the Shop for a 3XS pc to be finished off as it was too close to call to Christmas one year.