cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up applications

valart
Grafter

Start up applications

When I type msconfig in run there are a couple of applications running in start that I don't need I untick the boxes but I find that they return when I check them again
5 REPLIES 5
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Start up applications

Why would you check them again if you don't want them to run?
Checking the boxes allows the program to run at startup. Unchecking them does not delete them, it only serves to stop them from running at startup.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I think valart means that the boxes he unchecked (took out the tick) have the ticks back in when he checks (has a look at) them the next time he uses msconfig.
I think I know what I mean.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
samuria
Grafter

What are the programs? What you describe is malware/virus type of activity these are running and if it get unticked then it ticks it again?
What ever is doing it is using the same idea to untick them you must stop the program running and then untick them as while its running it must check to see if it get disabled and re enable its self
jackoab
Grafter

Are you clicking on Apply after you untick them?Huh
Denzil
Grafter

On the "General" tab in msconfig you need to tick the "Selective Startup" box (leaving everything below it ticked). By default it is set to "Normal Startup", where it runs all the startup services regardless of what you have unticked in the "Startup" tab.