Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard webspace website not functioning

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Standard webspace website not functioning

HI all

I have a legacy standard webspace allowance that i have used successfully for years using the nsi.force9.net and ns2.force9.net nameservers. Uploaded a new site last weekend via fetch and the site went up as usual and i can see it  in a folder i named htdocs/htdocs5 (my other sites are working and in htdocs 1-4 folders). So far so good. The domain name is lodged with a well known online provider and the nameservers are showing correctly as force9. According to the domain provider everything is ok. However i cannot access the site via a www address even though i can see it on the Plus server where it works.

The domain people say that the problem lies with Plus who say that the problem is with the domain name provider and that they have not set the tags. Does anyone know what setting the tags means - the provider's assistant does not know so can help and keeps referring me back to Plus.

As you may appreciate i am now stuck in a endless loop where both companies refers me to the other and the website does not work.

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance

j

6 REPLIES 6
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Standard webspace website not functioning

What is the U.R.L. of the site... so others can check to confirm or deny that it is "active", for you... ?

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OK>.. just clicked that link and I get.........

NOT FOUND.png

Is the link letter perfect ?   have you missed out any spaces, or full stops?  ... You may need to check your URL on your htdocs5 folder as well. ? ? ?

Sorry. not an expert... just thinking of what may be causing the problem. Good Luck, hope someone can help more than me....

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

whois bakedbeanbooks.co.uk

Domain name:
        bakedbeanbooks.co.uk

Data validation:
        Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 19-Oct-2020

Registrar:
        123-Reg Limited t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]
        URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 19-Oct-2020
        Expiry date:  19-Oct-2021
        Last updated:  14-Nov-2020

Registration status:
        Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
        ns1.force9.net
        ns2.force9.net

WHOIS lookup made at 01:08:56 19-Nov-2020

-- 

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Thanks for initial responses

According to Vile's post it seems to suggest to me that the domain name is correct and is pointing to the force 9 servers which may mean that the problem is at Plusnet's end ?Huh

Also re. the previous comment by Shutter 'You may need to check your URL on your htdocs5 folder as well. ? ? ?

I am not sure how i do this - when i access my htdocs5 folder via Plusnet and click on it, the Website opens and works.

J

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Just spotted, referring to plus own guidellines below 

To view your website:

1. open your web browser
  2. go to http://www.username.plus.comhttp://www.username.force9.co.uk, or http://www.username.free-online.co.uk replacing username with your own one.

I can access my htdocs folder using the plus.com url but not with the other two

Not sure if this may be relevant

j