Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Encription (TSL)

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Standard Encription (TSL)

Purchased a item on the internet and got several emails from the company......problem is I cannot read them.....

All I can see is a message that shows their website and my email address along with the message...

Standard Encription TLS.

using a iPad.....found something that refers to click view in the menu....except there is no ‘View’ in the gmail menu...

So how do I view the email.

Thanks

We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Standard Encription (TSL)

This sounds quite odd to me and to be honest I'd proceed with caution. The phrase used and the fact that Encription is misspelled rings warning bells for me as it is indicative of scammers. See if you can find out anything about the company sending you these emails in case they've been compromised. Is there any more information you can give us @gleneagles?

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Their website does exist, ending in .co.uk....not of course that means anything...anyone can have a fancy website.

Item in question was a battery purchased for £15 for a old kindle that I have decided to use again...

Paid by PayPal so if said item does not turn up a refund will be requested

We are born into history and history is born into us.
7up
Community Veteran

TLS is the latest "standard" of encryption in use all over the web. Many sites now use TLS encryption for their https connections instead of the old SSL standard.

Some browsers simply do not support TLS and only work with older SSL encrypted sites. I found this out while trying to use IE6 on sites years ago and everything failing to work while my partners laptop with IE7 or 8 still worked. Looked at the about screen on both and noticed a difference in the encryption and decryption in use between browsers.

Your browser is simply using older decryption and thus can't view the site.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!