cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify

valart
Grafter

Spotify

I just wondered if anyone as used Spotify I am very keen on music mostly standard music such as Sinatra Nat Cole and swing bands of years ago,is this music free and will there be any virus problems when downloading.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Spotify

Yes it is free and there are no virus problems
But you can only listen to a recording a limited number of times
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I've been using it since its launch, and am a premium subscriber, never had virus problems.
It's a streaming service btw, not a download service.
I subscribe because it means no adverts, higher bitrates, unlimited plays and 'offline' mode, i.e playlists are cached locally for when you have no internet connection.
I use it mostly for discovering new music/artists and previewing albums.
Buying albums (yes, I still buy music, rather than just grabbing a torrent) that have turned out to be lemons is now a thing of the past, since using Spotify and other streaming services.
Santiago
Grafter

I used the free version a lot when it first started, we even had a shared forum members playlist that lots of us contributed to.
However, as always with these things, when it got established and the usual push for premium users caused the free version to be limited I stopped using it.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I too abandoned it, there was a lack of some music I wanted to listen to and often ended up listening to albums I already had in my collection.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'