cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 716WL

9411john
Dabbler

Speedtouch 716WL

Anyone had a problem with resetting Administrator password?  I have forgotten mine! Have done both software and hardware (button on back of modem) to reset to factory settings but still cannot log in under Administrator (still wants a password and the supposed default blank password does not work)
3 REPLIES 3
grimme
Grafter

Re: Speedtouch 716WL

On a Speedtouch 585 the default username is just admin and password is blank, try giving that a go and see if it works on your one.
gary
Grafter

If your using IE7 then I'd give up If I was you. I've recently noticed that it somehow doesn't pass authentication to the router correctly (Maybe need to update the firmware) If this matches what your seeing I would suggest installing firefox and see if you can get in with that.
Hope that helps.
gary
Grafter

By the way this probably what you are seeing
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/squid-internet-explorer-7-ntlm-login-problem...
The Speedtouch 716wl which I use myself uses NTLM authentication which is used for logging into the router (you probably didn't forget your password) and its also used for updating the Administrator password.
It had me stumpped for ages.