Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 330 to wireless

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speedtouch 330 to wireless

I am intending to move to a modem to a wireless setup as the mastersocket is in the loft!
Based on " Which" mag. was going to go for a Belkin N1 with modem . Does anyone know if it would hang from a rafter?
Not sure what card is in the PC but there is a socket. Is it important to have one matching the router?
Thanks
Wuz
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: Speedtouch 330 to wireless

I dont know if has a socket to hang it from a rafter but there would be no problem hanging it by some other means shouldnt be hard. Be careful in the loft to keep it as far away as you can from wires etc.
Dont know what you mean by socket in the pc as you will use either a USB network connection or a internal card. Some cards can be a problem if the software doesnt support the same encryption as the router. It best to buy from a good retailer and ask for a matched wireless device
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Speedtouch 330 to wireless

I would agree with Samuria, to try and use a Wireless card matched to the router, to minimise compatability issues. I have my router in the loft, and attached to a rafter with the wall mount screws on the back, worked fine. All my networking kit is in the loft, as its got a good breeze  coming in, even though its well insulated for the house, keeps the router etc nice and cool, in fact never had a problem. For the compatability, I have a speedtouch router, and use a 3COM wireless card, works fine in my laptop, whcih I use wirelesley, the desktop is a wired system.