cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

chrisco
Grafter

Spam

Hi All, I have received a spam email for that little blue pill & bizarrely it was sent from my Plusnet email adress to my Plusnet address & delivered to my inbox.  I use Outlook & have the option to block spam addresses which if I do on this occassion I will be blocking myself!! My question is this: How do I deal with this or would it be easier to ignore it?
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Spam

Ignore it, its a well known trick of spammers to forge your name into the sent line, Unfortunately it also means that sometimes you get bounced e-mails that did not come from you. -wait for the day when we can strangle spammers
chrisco
Grafter

Thanks, I'll do just that.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats alright I'm an Essex Lad Roll_eyes
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Ignore it, its a well known trick of spammers to forge your name into the sent line, Unfortunately it also means that sometimes you get bounced e-mails that did not come from you. -wait for the day when we can strangle spammers

Or feed them  ALL the pills they could not sell  Roll_eyes
chrisco
Grafter

Thats alright I'm an Essex Lad Roll_eyes

So you are & I thought you were French!! Cool Only kidding - Sarfend?
Quote from: shutter

Or feed them  ALL the pills they could not sell  Roll_eyes

Well, they're not much good to me, that's the downside of having a multi-gender name you get offered all sorts of weird & wonderful things as it's automatically assumed to be male Angry maybe we shouldn't go there!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not quite, Born in Hornchuch, Schooled in Cranhan, Now living further north in Essex
You could try this chat thread, has a poll at the top Male or Female (Secret answer)
Quote from: BlueRhizome
Thought it might be interesting... Wink

Your lucky, there a lot of C Coles in Essex, you shouldnt give so much info out in your profile and Sig line
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Spammers are that higorant, they dont know what sex they are sending to, my wife Sue has her own mail box, you should see what she used to get before Postini