cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar anyone?

valart
Grafter

Re: Soundbar anyone?

My TV brand is brand new and when I put my ear to the laptop speakers it sounds tinny so a sound bar should be better
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Unless the TV amplifier is only outputting mid frequencies to avoid overloading the rubbish speakers with a lot of bass that they can't handle anyway.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

well take it back and complain that the speakers not working properly.
my current tv, it would sound tinny half the time from new (5 yrs ago) after I moved house the speakers gave up within a week, of course moving house invalidates the warranty so I was left with a tv that had no sound, luckily I had a spidif cable and was able ot plug it into the stereo which I have since replaced with a blu ray surround sound unit.
had I complained about the speaker from the beginning I would of had a replacement tv sent out /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: nanotm
The optical output option always disables the tv speakers ...

No it doesn't  Roll_eyes
WTF
Grafter

The sound on our Samsung TV is actually pretty decent but we got a Samsung sound bar (I think it's a HW-H75 which we connected via Bluetooth) when we bought it because we expected the TV sound to be pants.  While the TV sound is good, the soundbar is amazing - particularly for movies.
Our kit was bought maybe 2 years ago so I'm sure it's even better now.
valart
Grafter

I bought a Goodmans soundbar cost £22 did not make any difference in fact the tiny sound was louder,I put a couple of old laptop speakers and there was a improvement.A friend of mine bought some cheap speakers and he said it cut the tinny sound out altogether so it is worth thinking about before spending too much money
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why build your sound system in the shape of a bar?
It's the worst possible shape.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have a Panasonic TV, so opted for a Panasonic soundbar. It has optical input and composite (the two channel wires, red and white , think it's called composite). We use the wires with the tv volume off. You can, with remote buttons for soundbar, switch between optimum settings for voice and music, plus wide-screen.
Bear in mind that these controls vary the settings you choose for the tv sound. So if you increase the bass on TV you get increased bass through soundbar. So the setting up can take a bit of tweaking. We had trouble hearing the audio, but now no trouble at all.
Thoroughly recommend i
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SCHTB8EBK-Compatible-Soundbar-Bluetooth/dp/B00MZNL8RE