cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos play with Alexa

Paul57

Sonos play with Alexa

I have used my Sonos without any issues with my last provider BT but when I changed over to Plusnet and I reconnected it to the new network I now find that I’m unable to have Alexa play any music I have an amazon prime music subscription and am unable to use it can anyone add any light to my problem
9 REPLIES 9
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Sonos play with Alexa

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Tech Help.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Paul57  I'd start by trying with your old BT hub. Theres plenty of information on here how to use it with Plusnet , start with this https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/td-p/1349153

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paul57

Hi MisterW the BT fibre hub I had was the BT hub 5 and it won’t work with plusnet I’ve had to purchase a To link deco M9 mesh system at over £200 as the wireless network in my home was useless with plusnets Hub My Alexa works it just won’t play music when asked ,it says music by who ever the artist is but then nothing.
Paul57

Hey Strat thanks for your reply but I’m unsure what you mean
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Paul57  the BT Home Hub 5 WILL work with PlusNet. You just need to follow the guide, its basically the same for HH5 and smart hub

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paul57

Hi again unfortunately I had an issue getting into to hub it wouldn’t give me access I spoke with both BT and Plusnet tech’s who both agreed that I couldn’t get in unsure now why it was but I defo couldn’t get access
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

As long as you still have the information card with the default admin password, then factory reset it with the reset button and you should then be able to get in

Paul57

MisterW the problem I have is that I now have a fibre supply to a Plusnet hub/router feeding two tp link M9 Deco’s via cat5 cabling then providing Wi-fi.
My Sonos play one with Alexa works as it should except it will not play music when requested
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In the first post you said it all worked fine when using the Bt hub on a bt connection,  is that correct ?

In which case using exactly the same hardware setup should work on plusnet once the bt hub is reconfigured with your plusnet username and password