cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snipping tool

rena
Grafter

Snipping tool

Does anyone know why my snipping tool no longer works? Since I became a Plusnet customer and getting the Thomson 585v8 modem router just over 2 weeks ago I haven't been able to use it. I can get the snipping tool no problem but I can't 'send to email recipient' or 'copy' etc - nothing happens at all. I have tried unticking and ticking the Tablet PC in 'turn Windows features on or off' (and restarting after doing both), but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? thanks
p.s the OS is Vista Home Premium
19 REPLIES 19
anniesboy
Rising Star

Re: Snipping tool

I have recently joined Plusnet,Im using the same router and OS (vista) as yourself.Mine is working OK.  Im not sure if that rules out a PN /router issue.
If you Google  "sniping tool not working",there are many suggestions, I hope there is something that helps.
rena
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. I have tried 'googling', but it's a mystery!!! I really miss snipping tool. Wish I was a computer expert, Had so many problems since joining Plusnet. thanks once again.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the program should be in Windows/system32 sub directory see below
anniesboy
Rising Star

rena,
If you cant resolve on here,  try PC Advisor forum their are a good many knowledge people there.  You would need to register before posting a question
rena
Grafter

Thanks Pierre_Pierre - I have found it in System 32 - what do I do now, do I tick or untick something?
Thanks anniesboy - I will try them too.
Your are both very kind.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

right click on it, create a short cut and slide that to where you want it,
rena
Grafter

Thanks for that Pierre_Pierre but it makes no difference! It still won't send to email recipient or copy etc. Locating it wasn't the problem, it was getting it to work properly that was the problem. thanks anyway
rena
Grafter

It has been suggested on another forum that I run a scan but I am apprehensive because it says I might need a vista disc, but I don't have one because it was all preinstalled. Does anyone have any opinions:-
1. Click the Start button
2. From the Start Menu, Click All programs followed by Accessories
3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option
4. From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the 'Run as administrator' option
5. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled, you will be asked for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password etc.
6. In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter
7. A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'
8. Be patient because the scan may take some time
9. If any files require replacing SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue
10. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
11. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
as been suggested on another forum that I run a scan
pierre_pierre
Grafter

does yours look like this? clicking the envelope on mine sends it to e-mail, try the tools and look what is ticked
pierre_pierre
Grafter

tools option below
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

have you tried sending as an attachment
also have you tried sending something direct from another program such as Word
rena
Grafter

Pierre_Pierrre, thanks again for replying. Yes my snipping tool is exactly the same as yours - the problem is when I go to send it (either by clicking on the icon, or on File or right clicking the mouse nothing happens. The options are slightly different from yours -
1 Hide instruction text
2 Always copy snips to clipboard
3 Include URL below snips (HTML only)
4 Prompt to save snips before exiting
5 Display icon in the Quick launch toolbar
6 Show Screen overlay when Snipping Tool is active
7 Show selection ink after snips are captured
they are all ticked except 1 and 5.
rena
Grafter

Oldjim, thank you very much for replying. Until you mentioned it I hadn't tried to send Word attachments and now that I have they don't work either!!! This is just getting worse and worse!! I want to cry!  When I tried to send from Word it said "Logon failed . You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code : "Unspecified error". And when I treid to send an attachement from Windows Mail its said "The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. click OK, end then clos open dialog boxes to continue."
(no boxes were open) Please help me someone!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mine is on Win 7,  I think you have said you are on Vista