cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartphone that has good quality sound?

jmd
Grafter

Smartphone that has good quality sound?

I use mobile phone mainly for emergencies due to the fact that I am hard of hearing.  The one I have is only basic with a basic camera. I do use texting to friends.
I like the idea of being able to carry a phone and camera in one but have something that produces decent photos.  However, I want a phone that has good volume on incoming calls.  Am not sure how much of the other features I would use on smartphone so it would need to be the sound and camera that would mean me getting one.
Has anyone got a suggestion for me - it would be on the cheapest monthly contract unless the phone was under £100!
3 REPLIES 3
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Smartphone that has good quality sound?

Do you mean "smart" as having an android/apple/windows operating system? Or just a phone with a good camera, bluetooth, and maybe WiFi?
Hard of hearing and modern phones seems to be a big problem as all the majors players have been generally cutting down the volume. Probably to avoid future lawsuits in some countries.
I prefer Sony Ericsson phones for good clarity sound production but when you pick up an old ancient clunky Nokia it makes you realise just how "quiet" modern phones have become in comparison.
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: billnotben
Do you mean "smart" as having an android/apple/windows operating system? Or just a phone with a good camera, bluetooth, and maybe WiFi?

The second option would be good....................as not sure how much of the other I would make use of!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Smart phones usually need background internet access so connection to your WiFi is useful.
I believe that there are UK regulations regarding earpiece sound levels (I'm Googling now).
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine