Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartWatch Launch

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: SmartWatch Launch

Quote from: Mav

You must be joking. Apart from the fact it's made by Apple I really don't see the point of them.

Grin Grin  +1 I agree.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
I've got a pebble smartwatch, helpful to see who's calling

It's a lot cheaper, easier, and faster just to have different ringtones for family, friends, etc.

Quote from: Strat
I've had digital watches when I was younger but now I need a watch with hands.

I've taken to wearing my Dad's old (with hands) watch and it's so much quicker just stretching your arm out to look at time rather than fumbling in your pocket to start pressing buttons on your "smart" phone.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I put my watch on the window sill to charge this afternoon and then went out for the rest of the day forgetting to put it on.
I felt naked without it and relatives made a joke of it by asking me the time frequently Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Wake up apple, Samsung did the smart watch two years ago!!! Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQwutaXW3t4
Still, I don't want or need one, considering I rarely wear a watch now, it'd just seem like a waste of time (mostly waiting for it to charge up!!)... Grin
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: billnotben
Quote from: Chris
I've got a pebble smartwatch, helpful to see who's calling

It's a lot cheaper, easier, and faster just to have different ringtones for family, friends, etc.

which is difficult when in an office environment when you have to have a phone on silent.
find it useful when the phone is on my desk and i'm in another room or someone elses desk to decline call / read text etc.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
nanotm
Pro

don't get an apple watch then its got a very limited range  Grin

honestly I can see the point of them if your in an office and get a lot of calls but I cant see the point in one for the average iphone touting chav, which begs the question of why apple have priced their device so high given its rather limited usability and the nag feature that will tell a business user to stop sitting behind their desk .......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

There's plenty of choice available end you can get the functionality you want if you do the research  Wink
My present watch is a Pulsar combined analogue digital bought because I could have the digital set to UK time and the analogue to local time when I was in Saudi. Good for air travel too. Also no problem with the analogue for bright sunlight
Smartwatches nah! over priced hype for early adopters and who needs a watch which won't even work for a day without recharge  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
nanotm
Pro

if you were going to get one something like this would probably be better than the apple offering http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R2ORBQI?psc=1
its got more useful features (and it actually works if you don't get a lemon)
certainly if you needed a few extra functions there's plenty of choice in the sub£50 bracket for smart watches listed on amazon and if your looking for something more expensive then a lot of higher priced offerings as well.
no doubt there will be a huge number of people buying the I-watch just because its got the letter I in front of it just like all the other overpriced junk apple has been shipping out.
they already know demand will be high though because they have legions of morons desperate to overpay for everything they produce (compared to other options) I read somewhere that you can get a cheap Chinese android fone and then put ios on it and have something that looks feels and works just like an iphone 6 for under £100 (without the bendy case problem)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Personally I don't see the use of them. Why have a large watch on your wrist all day, forget to charge it and then when you NEED it the battery is flat.
I haven't worn a watch for over 5 years now, nor do I carry a phone with me everywhere. There are plenty of places to check the time if you need to.
Looks like I am not in the demographic for any Apple products 😉
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

my g watch lasts 2-3 days before needing a charge.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well my smartphone lasts 2-3 days as well, BUT if I actually dare to USE it the battery drops like a stone. E.g. Day 2 70% charge left. Turn on gps and with in an hour battery flat.
Strat
Community Veteran

Slight tangent but why can't phone manufacturers make the back of a phone out of a solar panel so when the phone is placed face down on the pub outside table it gets a small charge.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quote from: nanotm

no doubt there will be a huge number of people buying the I-watch just because its got the letter I in front of it

It doesn't have an i in front of it. It isn't the i-watch...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Strat
Slight tangent but why can't phone manufacturers make the back of a phone out of a solar panel so when the phone is placed face down on the pub outside table it gets a small charge.
why would you take it off in a pub with the very good chance that you would forget it
Strat
Community Veteran

I don't wear my phone, I keep it in my pocket and many people put their phone on the table beside them. Huh