cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyDrive

Mav
Fixes: 515

SkyDrive

I have been looking at a free online backup service so that I can access from anywhere (I don't need a huge amount of storage - 25GB seems more than enough for my needs) and stumbled across this thread.
Humyo, now bought by Trend Micro, no longer offer any free storage although it was highly recommended. So it seems that SkyDrive is good option...
Are there any others worthy of note out there and has anyone got any comments on SkyDrive before I subscribe?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: SkyDrive

Skydrive is not pitched as a backup facility so I'm not sure it is suitable for anything confidential.  Could it be hacked?
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: SkyDrive

According to their website:
Windows Live SkyDrive offers 25GB of free online storage. You can use SkyDrive storage to back up your files online for free, or to share large files with others.

Setting a file or a folder to private allows you to access it from any PC connected to the internet, making it ideal for backing up files online.

Not sure exactly what is meant by private but I assume it may be password protected. I wouldn't want to store sensitive details like bank access, etc.but this will probably meet my needs.
The comments on the link in the OP are over a year old so I just wondered what others thought of it now.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still