cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyDrive For Windows

Steve
Seasoned Pro

SkyDrive For Windows

Ive just stumbled upon this yesterday and hadn't heard of it before, For what it's worth i reckon its quite good, For those that dont know what im talking about its an online cloud where you can store pics, music etc and share them with people and of course you can extract your files from nearly anywhere around the world, Its a free service and you get 25GB of storage, Its a bit like the ubuntu cloud, only better. Wink
You control who can see your files online, set a folder to private and you can access it from any PC connected to the internet which makes it ideal for backing up files online. You can set a folder’s permissions to “public” or share it with individuals, meaning that you can securely share files with classmates, colleagues, friends and family.
Heres a link for anyone interested...http://www.windowslive.co.uk/skydrive.aspx
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
4 REPLIES 4
Waldo
Grafter

Re: SkyDrive For Windows

You might want to give SDExplorer a try.
Not applicable

I signed up to this a while ago and also Humyo. Of the two, I found the latter to be better - unfortunately I can't remember why!  Huh
Will have to fish out the password for the MS one and check! 
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thank's for that link Waldo, I think the only catch so far as i can see with this Skydrive is that you can only upload files no larger than 50mb, Still that's a good thing because with my upload speed it would take a month of sunday's to try upload anything larger.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Not applicable

I've just signed in again and it has reminded me why I prefer Humyo.
Skydrive will only let you sign out with third party cookies enabled. I have the box unticked in Firefox so have to go into Options, enable them, sign out and then go back to remove the tick again.