cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Gift

valart
Grafter

Sky Gift

I received a letter today from Sky saying they are offering a free gift which is a on demand connector I think you connect it to the sky plus box and the other goes into the power plug,once this is done a list of broadband providers shows up and you have to select your provider.I wonder if this free box is worth it and worried it might conflict with Plusnet.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sky Gift

You may have only just received the letter, but the offer has been around for weeks now.
Note: if eligible, there is an up to 3 months wait !!!
Also, see.....
https://www.facebook.com/sky/posts/594300270628446
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/I-tried-to-get-your-free-on-demand-connector-but-q...

acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The on demand connector connects wirelessly to your router and there is no problem using it with Plusnet. It does not provide "a list of broadband providers" rather it asks you for your router's WIFI password to make a connection.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I wonder if it's one of those 'free' offers subject to a £19.99 delivery charge Grin
I've got one, as I got it (actually for free) for upgrading to the movie channels for half price for 6 months.
You just configure it via the Sky box, basically select the SSID and enter the password on the remote.
You can then leave it plugged in and download stuff over the internet to the box.
It's alright for free, I found it is a rebadged Airties box. I did try and see if it had a web interface and despite someone posting screenshots on a forum, I couldn't get it to work.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

If you start using the box it will rapidly eat into your monthly allowance so you probably need to be on an Unlimited contract.