cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of text box in the messages (help & support)

chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Size of text box in the messages (help & support)

mod:note
This does not relate to the Community site, so is not appropriate to be in the "Community Site Suggestions" forum.
But I am a bit stuck as to where is should live, so for now I have moved it to "Everything Internet".
Jonathan
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Sorry, Thought that he was actually working on the thing at the time of his posting.....
I originally posted it in the community site bit, cos I thought it related to the community site inasmuch it referred to the "help & support" pages, which the "community" use to get " help and support" as I was asking for a change in the way the pages were constructed, I thought it might be taken as a "suggestion" for the "community site" pages that dealt with "help and support".....
Hmmmm.... perhaps I was wrong, and it should be in "Everything internet" as it does show on the internet, when you log in on the "community site" to get to the "help and support" pages, where the problem lies....
Bit of a round about route..... but..... "ther yer go"  Cheesy
Bob_Milton
Grafter

This seems to be a bit of a continuing problem with various parts of the website.
KellyD has asked for examples of problems in the PUG forum, but this request does not reach too many customers.
I have suggested that the request be mentioned in the 'Carol Axe newsletter', together with a link that gets the problem to the right part of PlusNet, ie the KellyD part. (If I'm right ??).
I see the real problem being due to suggestions being directed wrongly, as has been highlighted in the problem which shutter has encountered.
chillypenguin with his greater knowledge admits to not knowing where to put it, again that seems to me not be chillypenguins fault but a problem which I think that PlusNet has in regard to internal communications. Without being rude, it looks as if  the problem should be looked at fairly urgently by Mark Kelly. I think he is the Comms. manager isn't he? (hallo Mark, are you there?)
I know that the moderators are not employed by Plusnet but in effect they are acting on behalf of PlusNet.
Perhaps they are unaware of what to do in a similar way as chillypenguin. If I'm right perhaps they could follow up this matter.
If the moderators do not know then I don't beleive that the rest of us stand much chance of knowing.
Nil desperandum ?!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here?  I just misread a thread because I read it quickly?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

shutter
Community Veteran

Perhaps  you had better start again,
from the top,
read it carefully,

but to shorten the time...
I am typing this in a nice big box...... if I have to respond to the team on the help & support pages, the box is one third as big.  Why?
There is plenty of space alongside the box.......
Can you make it bigger, so that the text is easier to read and follow, when typing.?
Hope that helps to make the problem a little less difficult to understand....
Smiley
Kelly
Hero

No, I get that.  Colin is looking at improving the size of the box in the work he's working atm.  It should roll when that work rolls.  (He'll probably come in here with a rough eeta).  It's the stuff Bob is talking about I'm querying!
Kelly Dorset
shutter
Community Veteran

Oh! alright then.... happy days ! !  Wink Smiley Smiley
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Kelly, you said in the PUG forum, (Improving access to Support for customers with dyslexia) , which was started by Penny on July 8th 2006. 
I'm just resurrecting this thread as I've only just discovered it.  WPMT = Web Development, so it's definitely with my area.
Can you guys make sure individual issues are raised in PUGIT for me?

Somehow Penny's message didn't get to you.
I responded to you saying,
Could not this subject be highlighted in the monthly newsletter to customers? With a link to a point to be able to make suggestions or describe difficulties.
It surely is important to all customers apart from those who have found their way through the PlusNet website maze to this topic.
I bet not many people are aware of this PUG forum at all, let alone those with a handicap. 

you then asked,
Bobmilton:  Are you asking for some general PUG and PUGIT publicity in the Newsletter?

to which I replied,
Kelly,
I just wanted your request for problems etc found to reach a wider audience. I think you will get a bigger response from the folk who have difficulty with aspects of your website. One caveat --- you may get a lot more than you can handle.
Thanks anyway for your reply. I look forward to seeing the request in the newsletter.
Bob

Midnight Caller added a comment, he is dyslexic and so perhaps has an important view,
Hi Kelly
As you know I am Dyslexic, as such I notice some stuf that isn't Quietrite with the site, for example you have just updated the home page on PlusNet, I am sorry to say that it is still not Bobby approved watt has been replaced with IBM Rational Policy Tester Accessibility Edition pleas invest in a copy, and test the full of PlusNet's site with it, you will be shocked with the number of pages that do not comply with the DDA, have fun sorting that lot out! 

It is still my impression that comments on these topics, which are often quite important, somehow do not reach the parts that matter. You will see from this topic how the moderators are sometimes at a loss to know what to do about seemingly valid points about your website. That is why I talked about a possible problem with communications in the PlusNet set up.
Have I made myself a little clearer? It is often a problem when the contact is made with the written word, there is often misunderstanding.
Perhaps Penny wondered if her 2006 remarks would ever again see the light of day. It may have helped, if you had been alerted somehow, because you don't have the time to scrutinise every posting in every forum, so it's not your fault.
Bob
Bob_Milton
Grafter

For those of you who may be interested in Midnight Caller's problems, here is more information.
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2394.msg77097.html#msg77097
Kelly
Hero

It's a combination of things.  A lot of our staff don't have the time to keep up to speed on all the discussions across here and the PUG website, so often things raised in threads that would benefit the customers (like that original pug thread) get missed.  This is where the power of something like PUGIT comes in, as it can be catalogued and championed by our customers for us to implement it.
We do take things like WAI/Disability awareness seriously, we just have a lot of legacy code and projects to work improvements around and into.
Our next iteration of the home page/site design (which isn't that far away hopefully) will take account of the WAI guidelines which should mean that this becomes much less of a problem (and if it doesn't, I should be getting a kicking).  That being said, people will always find problems and areas of improvement for us to work on, which can be handled via our problem and PUGIT processes.
As for getting customers involved in that process, we will be running user testing workshops and ideally with some people that the WAI is representing to get good feedback on the work before completion.
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

and before you all ask:
WAI    Wink
Kelly Dorset