cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple way to raise a ticket ?

hevans
Grafter

Simple way to raise a ticket ?

Is there a simple way to raise a ticket under the new system ?
I have had lots of intermittent issues recently and the last one was this mysterious 'your new broadband order has a problem' messages that have appeared over the last 2 days.
I am glad to say that the intermittent issues have now been resolved so I have manually closed the ticket.
I can't find a sensible way of just opening a query on the current support pages, there are lots of 'FAQ's' which are not relevant to the query. Any links to the various options leads to an option to chat live, which I find is usually not available or to phone.
What I want to do is to open a question, provide all the details and go from there. Is this possible any more ?
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Simple way to raise a ticket ?

if it isn't a fault - effectively no
hevans
Grafter

I am only trying to raise a ticket when there is a fault or a problem.
The most recent ones were
Intermittent line problems, now resolved.
Some unknown messages telling me that a broadband order that I had never initiated had a problem.
First one is sorted but the second one, hopefully just an internal mix-up, I had to phone up and hang about while I have a lot of work to get on with. ( My phone is not in the same room as the pc and my mobile signal in the house is practically non existent) 
It would have been a simple matter, as in the past, to log a fault and provide as much relevant details as possible.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

fault is easy - problem is not
Try Chat
This is what you can raise a ticket about https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html
hevans
Grafter

Tried that and when you drill down the various menus you get to the ''chat'' or ''phone'' option and every time ( as it is just now when I checked) the chat option is greyed out and not available.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

if it is greyed out that may well be down to the ad blocker you are using as it works for me
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

In the Member Centre - right hand column :
Useful Links
   View your questions>http://    View your questions
   Check your open and closed questions
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
hevans
Grafter

I am aware of these links, I have been through every link on the support pages. It is easy to access an ongoing question or one that has been closed but it is not possible to raise a new ticket and the only alternatives are a load of 'FAQ's' which are single issue links that do not address the problem encountered and following any of these ends up back with the support option of 'chat' which is never available, at least on my pc - or the phone option.
As I state above, mobile signal is almost non existent at my pc location and the land line phone is in a different part of the house.
The issue is for me that I work from home and I want to report a problem by email or online or whatever then get on with my work not sat waiting for the phone to be answered and remote from the pc.
That said, every time I have spoken to someone they have always been helpful but this is not my query.
As Oldjim has explained, it seems to be not possible to raise a ticket as before which I find to be a shame and an inconvenience.
hevans
Grafter

OldJim - you are a star ! Seems like the online chat will only work when I allow a raft of google trackers to run in Ghostery.
I tend to turn off as much tracking / flash rubbish and the like for security and sanity.
Having a page hijacked by dozens of flashing / blinking ads, pop up auto playing videos etc is not only irritating but in my opinion probably a security risk as well seeing all the reported attacks on repsected legitimate websites.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I use adblock plus and chat works with that