cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silverfoxy Talk Talk Thread!!

silverfoxy
Dabbler

Silverfoxy Talk Talk Thread!!

hi i have just left talktalk for the same reason as your stating with pulsnet the problem being isnt with pulsenet but the acctual exchange from Bt Openreach i was left 3 and half days with no internet and this is where i learnt quite a few things,it also depends on the distance you are from the exchange,my complaint was esculated to talktalk second team which of course passed the buck to bt 3 months on still waiting my nearest bt exchange to my home is 875 meters compared to the 30 miles that talktalk had me on......needless to say thats why i moved provider,and i cannot crumble at the way that pulsenet have kept me informed of my progress on my activation of broadband never had a service like that before it seems that they take their coustomers gripes as very important and if we dont gripe how can they improve things all i can say well done  Cheesy
4 REPLIES 4
Sunny
Grafter

Re: What an excellent business plan!!

Quote from: silverfoxy
nearest bt exchange to my home is 875 meters compared to the 30 miles that talktalk had me on......

My exchange is maximum 1 mile away as we are in small villages.
silverfoxy
Dabbler

Quote from: Sunny
Quote from: silverfoxy
nearest bt exchange to my home is 875 meters compared to the 30 miles that talktalk had me on......

My exchange is maximum 1 mile away as we are in small villages.

well i had talktalk back on the phone this morning with a load of tech rubbish,wouldnt be so bad if you could understand it the gist of the problem is im on the exchange furtherest from my home and have asked bt whom servers they use if they could see if theres a loss of speed on the server that im attatched to majority of isp providers do use bt exchanges which does create a load of problems..eg 4 days to receive an email that was sent on the 7th, slow speeds at 1pm and at 5.45 each day get under 2.45mbs suppose to be on 8  Cheesy but its down to the exchange to try and help resolve this issue that you have good luck hun Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one point at a time.
You are not supposed to be on 8M,  you are on up to 8M, if you line doesnt support it you wont get it
4 days to receive an e-mail has nothing to do with BT
Slow speeds after 13:00 could be BT but is more likely to be the Internet in General
well i had talktalk back on the phone this morning with a load of tech rubbish

Did they speak in English?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pierre_pierre
one point at a time.

There should have been only one point. Wink
This is a long thread helping Sunny. Silverfoxy should start their own thread if they have a problem.
Edit: Ahhh... A kind Mod has split the thread off - good move.  Grin