cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show images auto on Outlook?

Addnan
Grafter

Show images auto on Outlook?

I havnt used Outlook until today. I set up my Hotmail accounts on to it, but everytime I click on an email the images do not load. I have to right click and press download images. Is there a way to do this automatically?
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Show images auto on Outlook?

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Security tab.
Under Download Pictures, click Change Automatic Download Settings.
Clear the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box.
Click OK twice.
It's a security feature of Outlook to prevent you from confirming a live email address by downloading content.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mossgrove
Grafter

If you are using Outlook 2007 go to Tools > Trust Centre > Automatic download  and either uncheck the Dont download box or choose the options you want.  There is a strong school of thought that says you shouldn't downoad automatically because of the dangers of "nasties " in the image:  your call.
In Outlook 2003 the corresponding process is in Tools > Options > Security > Download options.
Good luck.
Addnan
Grafter

Thanks for the help. Working now.  Smiley
GrumpyOAP

Does this still work?  Mine doesn’t. I have just got a new computer windows 7 before Microsoft forces everyone to get Windows 10 and now the pictures in emails are blanked out.  Got a new office 2007 at the same time.  I retired before the first email was sent, hence my choice of name.