Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Artist Name & Other info on car CD player

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 64

Show Artist Name & Other info on car CD player

My new car has a CD player just above the radio...  I have just recorded some music files ( ripped from video files with "Pazera Free Audio Extractor" ... very simple and easy to use..... however, I notice that the radio "screen" has the facility to show track information including the title of the track and the artist....
Presumably this has to be done as part of the "loading"/"recording" of the original CD on the laptop, through the recording/ripping software... as that information is not available on the CD I have made....
Has anyone any suggestions, for a suitable FREE program that will extract the audio track, and have the capability of adding the track information...
I am using .MP3 format to record ( as the car CD player has MP3 annotated on it )... and can get about 200 tracks on a 700mb CD....
10 REPLIES 10
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Show Artist Name & Other info on car CD player

Easytag, you will have to process them all to add the id3 fields.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Since you have now moved it to M$ HERE is the M$ binary. Linux users usually have it in the repo's.
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks, HB...... and Thanks for the linky too..... have just downloaded and installed it... so will crack on and get the job done....
Wink
Mav
Fixes: 514

I use MP3Tag.
I had a quick look at EasyTag and noticed that a lot of files that mp3Tag showed data for EasyTag showed nothing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HairyMcbiker
All Star

Easytag is more about tagging untagged or badly tagged ones. I will query the cddb for details as well. I have never had any problems with it.
shutter
Community Veteran

@HB  Exactly what I wanted.... My Music files ( video ) do not have the same "tags" as a "music CD". so the Audio track that was ripped, only has the title on it...... . so I needed to ADD the tags that I wanted to show up on the radio screen...
It works very well,.... although I had about 200 to tag... I started off saving each individual title, until I found out I could "mass save" by highlighting the last 10 or whatever was on the screen..
Job done... and another CD project is now under way !...
Wink
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: shutter
My new car has a CD player just above the radio...  I have just recorded some music files ( ripped from video files with "Pazera Free Audio Extractor" ... very simple and easy to use..... however, I notice that the radio "screen" has the facility to show track information including the title of the track and the artist....

Surely, the last thing you want is music titles scrolling past your eyeballs whilst you are trying to drive!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

HairyMcbiker
All Star

It's hardly "scrolling past your eyeballs" when your radio is below your eye level normally. I have had this for years on my car tuner with mp3's.
shutter
Community Veteran

@ foxy...... As a matter of fact, I rarely, and I do mean..... rarely.... have the radio on, while driving. even on long distance journeys... I may put it on, if stopped in a traffic jam, just for a short time... but it mostly stays silent....
I do, however, like to watch my MP4 player, with music videos, and ( now I have the CD player !) will be making up CD`s of my favourite music, to listen to whilst reading a book, when  "er indoors" is ""indoors" at the supermarket,  .. Although I know the artistes, etc, I just wanted to be able to have the info displayed, "cos I can" ! ! !...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Actually I've got a similar function on my radio display, but only when playing from a USB stick.
I virtually never bother using it as it involves making a USB connection in the seat well - which is a bit tricky!  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."