cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sex Movies Worm Spreads Rapidly Across the World

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Sex Movies Worm Spreads Rapidly Across the World

People are victimized worldwide by a booby-trapped e-mail that promises free sex movies. The malicious e-mail messages have a subject line saying "Here you have" and contains a link to PDF that the user is requested to accept. Clicking on the link , you will neither get movies nor documents, but, you give the malware access to their entire Outlook address book. Once it gets installed, it will first try to delete the security software of your PC and send itself to all the contacts in the user's address book. So, your email system may be crippled due to heavy load. The worm also tries to find victims by looking for open net links from infected PCs.
Symantec advised users to keep virus definitions up-to-date, and avoid clicking on links or attachments in email messages. Network administrators have been requested to configure mail servers to block or remove email that contains file attachments which are commonly used to spread viruses, such as .VBS, .BAT, .EXE, .PIF, and .SCR files. Nasa, AIG, Disney, Procter & Gamble and Wells Fargo are struggling to contain the virus to avoid any outbreak of the worm. Security firm Kaspersky commented that the worm has similarities with ILoveYou virus. The Anna Kournikova virus that spreads around the world in 2001 used the exact same subject line.

Source...http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/sex-movies-worm-spreads-rapidly-across-the-world/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Sex Movies Worm Spreads Rapidly Across the World

I have a suspicion got one came attached to a Lidl.co.uk e-mail, II normally click on a picture to take me to a full web description, the one for 16th Sept took me to a non lidl page,  the previous one was ok
this machine is an eepc linuxx one
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That wouldn't surprise me Peter, We once got a trojan from an Argos e-mail, Was not impressed, General common-sense needed as usual while surfing the web, Be careful. There's that much attacks on windows at the moment that I'm about to dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 Ultimate Edition.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Steve - all editions of Ubuntu 10.04 are ultimate editions.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Can someone just confirm that if your anti virus program is up to date (Avast - Free) in my case, then you are fully protected from this particular worm or does it have the ability to bypass anti-virus software. ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Word of mouth spreads fast over the net hence the thread, It's the best means to invade infection, However generic detection Is used for this specific malware called VBMania@MM and here's a link to ALL the anti-viruses that detection for this has been added to, Avast 5 And Avast Is there....
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=fedb7b404754cf85737fb7e50f33324b84eb4c0b98024c7d3...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Who is responsible for the naming of computer viruses?
The names are always very silly.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Steve
Seasoned Pro

What's in a name? Plenty, if you ask a computer virus researcher who
is responsible for designating the latest malicious code spreading on
the Internet.
Antivirus experts say there are specific guidelines for naming
computer worms. Not surprisingly, the first rule dictates that the
name should be anything other than what the virus writer wants it
called. Beyond that, researchers look to the code, to its message, or
the situation to name worms as they find them.

More here....http://www.infosecnews.org/pipermail/isn/2002-January/005306.html