cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up personilised settings

idlewis
Grafter

Setting up personilised settings

After the computer froze last night, I reboot the computer and now every time I put the computer I keep getting this long delay and the message Setting up personilised settings for then words and numbers appear i.e run and DLL.
Can anyone help me please.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Setting up personilised settings

thats ok just rboot again
magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Setting up personilised settings

hi idlewis
Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted
if it doesnt fix itself on reboot
then look below
The first thing to try when attempting to recover a damaged user profile is a System Restore operation. As you know, the System Restore utility is designed to allow you to return your computer to the state it was at an earlier time period. In this case, the goal is to return your system to the state it was in before the user profile was damaged.
Before you attempt this operation, there are two things you need to be aware of. First, if there are multiple user accounts on the system, performing a System Restore operation will return all user profiles to the state they were in at that earlier time. Second, depending on the severity of the damage to the user profile, performing a System Restore operation may not be able to rectify the problem.
In Vista - You’ll find the System Restore utility on the Start ->All Programs
type in                      System Restore    in the tiny Search box above the start button
Once you launch System Restore, you’ll see the Welcome To System Restore page and can simply click Next. On the Select A Restore Point page, select the last restore point created before the damage to the user profile became apparent, then click Next. When you’re prompted to confirm the operation, click Next, and the restore operation will begin.
Once System Restore finishes, it will restart the system. When it does, you can attempt to log on using your original user account. If System Restore was able to successfully recover the user profile, everything should be the way it was.