cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a static ip address ?

allison

Setting up a static ip address ?

Hi, i've just finished sending in a support ticket but i'm going to try and get as much support with this as i possibly can.
Basically, i'm using a D-Link DSL-2640B router and i'm trying to configure my settings from a PPoE/PPoA connection to a static ip address connection (I have just changed to a static ip today)
I am all set up with plusnet and i have my static ip address, but i need help with were to find what info and whre to put it !
It's basically ip's i'm looking for and by goodness i've tried a tonne of things (looking at the plusnet connection details, command prompt [ipconfig /all], and the routers status to find the DNS info) but i guess i'm getting it wrong some way along the lines since every time i try to set up the static ip connection, it doesn't work !  Embarrassed
I just need some pointers on where to find what and where to put it,
I have tried running a server on ports 80,90 and 1232, firewalls etc disabled and when i try to check if the ports are open and available via http://www.canyouseeme.org i am told "No route to host" - i have portforwarded these ports via the router as well, to no avail.
Below are a couple of images of the gui:
Current settings:

The static ip connection settings, these are what i need the help with:
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Setting up a static ip address ?

You don't need to change anything, PN will just assign you the same IP address every time your router connects
Just set it back to PPPoA and you'll be fine Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
allison

That's what i thought at first but then i realised that it is probably the router that needs to be reconfigured so the ports will be detectable and i will no longer get the "No route to host" message from the port check website, http://www.canyouseeme.org
Undecided
dick:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

what are you trying to achieve?
the link you provided looks like you are trying to get to a computer behind your router.
If that's the case you  don't necessarily need to have your broadband with a static IP, but just forward a port within your router.
Look at portforward.com for help with that. 
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'