Sending texts online

Zimacs

Sending texts online

Hi. Is it possible to send texts online as well on a handset? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Sending texts online

If you mean typing the message on a PC but still sending through the phone you could use MyPhoneExplorer which is what I use.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

If you mean via a custom program then yes, there are several websites that provide an API to let you send text messages via their systems.

In theory you can do so yourself too via a bluetooth connection or a 3/4G dongle that caters for it but you'd need to have access to the terminal and be able to send the modem raw commands. I was looking into this myself a while back so that people joining my website could verify themselves via text but quickly realised it would be more hassle than an email and abandoned it lol.

Some of the SMS gateways will handle incoming SMS for you though!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Zimacs

Many thanks for both replies.   I had a network provider many years ago that allowed this through the client's online account and just wanted to know if plusnet had anything similar.   It would be handy for those of us who are older and whose fingers are not so nimble; especially for longer texts.