cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending photographs in Live Mail 2011

Not applicable

Sending photographs in Live Mail 2011

The right-click on a photograph and select Send To.....................Mail Recipient brings up the new email message and the option to reduce the size exactly as it used to do with OE, Windows Mail and Live Mail.  However, what happens next is different - i.e. you are invited to log on to Hotmail.  Seems that if, like me you do not have such an account the message will not be sent.
Anyone else noticed this and if so is there a work-around?
I have always used this as I like the option to shrink the photograph.
2 REPLIES 2
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Sending photographs in Live Mail 2011

What happens if you do it the other way round i.e. open a new email, then add an attachment? Does it still insist on logging in?
Not applicable

Re: Sending photographs in Live Mail 2011

Denzil - thanks for 'jogging' the old grey cells!  I have just tried things differently i.e. opened a new message and select Insert Single Photo.
What happens is that the option to resize is there - it automatically resizes to medium.  In addition there is the facility to do minor tweaks to the photograph such as apply rounded corners, frames and crop.
I keep threatening to uninstall 2011 and go back to the older version but can't be bothered TBH so will persevere a little longer, especially now that this is sorted.
Thank you for responding.  Smiley