cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seagate External Drive software - Drive Manager

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Seagate External Drive software - Drive Manager

I had my C: drive die so I fitted a new drive and have been reloading the software. I have my dayta files backed up on a Seagate external hard drive, which when I first used it (a long time ago) it loaded some software on my pc - Drive Manager.
How do I get this software reloaded onto my pc? What I have found on the Seagate web-site doesn't seem to answer that question, it just keeps telling me to use Drive Manager.
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
MrT
Grafter

Re: Seagate External Drive software - Drive Manager

Presumably the Drive Manager files are still on your external drive somewhere. Look for a setup.exe or install.exe file on that drive.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that. I have found the setup.exe file, but (just being cautious) if I run it, will it wipe the files that I have on the external drive? These files are my backup from before my C: drive failed.
Thanks
MrT
Grafter

I would of thought not but I am not familiar with that software. Just a thought that having found the setup.exe file then that wasn't wiped was it.
It would be a good idea to have at least 2 backups anyway so, if you can, copy your backups to DVDs or CDs. You could copy them to your internal hard drive if there's room on it. Belt and braces is always best.
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Okay, I'll try that.
Thanks for your help
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the new seagate are plug and play, and cheap
http://www.maplin.co.uk/2tb-seagate-external-desktop-drive-264482?c=maplin&u=maplinnewsletter&utm_so...
2TB Seagate External Desktop Drive
Was £119.99
Save £40.00
only £79.99