Did you mean: 

Scan & Print using Canon MG6851 all in one printer/scanner

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Scan & Print using Canon MG6851 all in one printer/scanner

@Luzern wrote:

You, I assume, know ICC profiles and matching ink to paper, and, of course monitor calibration. Thinking otherwise would be egg-sucking time.

When the colour gamuts of camera, monitor and final output have to be harmonised, it's a wonder what we can produce, I think. 

Yes, I have heard about those things.... but.... never bothered with my HP printer....  and was very disappointed with the Epson when it could not produce a print of what was on the screen ( as the HP printer did )...  hence the purchase of the Canon..( a bit of a risk, because I had never seen anything printed on it before purchase )   but fortunately it does produce good quality colour matches without any extra faffing about.

which, really, is how it should be, for us part time users .  if professionals want to, or need to, faff with their software settings to get exact matched colours, then that is what they get paid for. 

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

There's absolutely no reason why a screen transmitting coloured light should look the same as light bouncing off a piece of coloured paper - also the dynamic range is totally different.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@VileReynard  not really getting the point of your last post.... perhaps it was pointless... 

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@VileReynard 

@VileReynard wrote:

There's absolutely no reason why a screen transmitting coloured light should look the same as light bouncing off a piece of coloured paper - also the dynamic range is totally different.

Colour gamut is the photography term for dynamic range, Yes there is no way the two can agree, given the systems are they are different. It's not "no reason", but "the reason". Surely it is sensible, nevertheless, that, if those RGB pixels are to be transferred to paper, reasonable efforts are made to achieve as close a representation as one can

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Thanks, @Luzern

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."