Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite phone

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Satellite phone

Being of a certain age, we are going on the journey of a lifetime, to where there is unlikely to be any conventional mobile phone or internet service.  We would like to be able to keep in touch and send family and friends the odd photo, and were wondering whether there is an sort of satellite service which we could rent for a month.  Anyone know anything about these or have any other suggestions ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Satellite phone

Seems like things have moved on a bit since I last had a brush with such things - mid 80's needed a Land Rover to carry the receiver equipment! But have a look on Google.

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @shermans!

Plusnet currently don't offer any satellite services and we haven't been informed of any plans to do so.

I can definitely get this passed on as a suggestion to possibly implement in the future though Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@OliGaffney  Ho! Ho! HO! Grin  some dreamers working for PlusNet, I see  !...PN can`t get enough staff to man the landline phones Cry, or Live Chat..Cry. so how do you expect them to be able to get into the Sat Phone business ? ?

and a merry christmas from all the elfs at PN  ! ! ! ...

Do you proud... Ho! Ho! Ho!.. Bah Humbug....

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @shutter!

I'm really sorry to hear that you seem to have difficulty getting in touch with us via other platforms.

I work in our mobile department; if you ever have a mobile query, you're more than welcome to send me a private message or contact us via the mobile forum here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/bd-p/Mobile 

Thank you!

-Oli

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@OliGaffney wrote:

Plusnet currently don't offer any satellite services and we haven't been informed of any plans to do so.

Thanks @OliGaffney  but I don't believe the OP is specifically looking for a Plusnet solution, more of a generic technical request to the Forum users for advice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.