Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tablet & Photographs

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Samsung Tablet & Photographs

Transferred some photographs to a Samsung Tablet which were took on a SLR but they look poor compared to the photographs taken direct by the Tablet.
I Find that odd as the camera is 15 MP but the inbuilt camera on the tablet is around 5 MP or even lower.
Any thoughts ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Samsung Tablet & Photographs

Did you use a transfer app which may have changed the photo's resolution to be more suitable for the tablet's display....and degraded the quality in the process.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Nope, just dragged them across from the computer to the tablet.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

To prove, or disprove, strats point.... check the file size on both copies......
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Good idea, no problem checking the file size of photos on a computer but I am not sure how you check the size of a photo when it's on a tablet.
In support of my lack of knowledge I have only been using it for a week or so.
With a bit of luck some kind person on the forum could perhaps advise me.
Thanks in advance
Wink Wink Smiley
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I think you will need a "File Manager" App....  Wink
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en_GB
have your tablet switched on, and connected..... then click on the "install" box... it will be installed direct to the tablet
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@Shutter,
Nice one, thanks for the link, it's a very useful app
Smiley
Mav
Fixes: 515

Another good program for transferring files as well as keeping data in order is MyPhoneExplorer.
You need to download the main program onto your PC as well.
It allows connection by USB, Bluetooth or wireless and is very good at what it does including syncing contacts, organiser, messages and calls as well as creating./restoring backups.
Edit: I think you may need to install the driver from Samsung's KES in order for it to work. I can't remember it was a long time ago but I didn't have to install any extra drivers for it to work with my Acer.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

There are a number of program's  that are already loaded on it and one includes  synchronising with other things.
Not sure if  it's a good idea for the manufacturers of these things to put a range of program's on, as some you may never use.
I did read somewhere it was not a good idea to remove stuff that was preloaded on a tablet as it might stop the thing working properly, if it was a PC I would not hesitate to get rid of stuff  but not sure where I stand with a  Tablet.
16 GB can soon get used up so I could do without the clutter.
Mav

There was a load of rubbish on my Acer that I would never use and didn't want.
I uninstalled those that I could and disabled the rest ignoring the warning messages that the tablet may not work as expected; they just don't want their stuff removed.
In 5 days I have not noticed any ill effects from my actions.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Guess I will be a bit more cautious and just remove one item a week and reinstall it if anything goes wrong.
This tablet has a microcard but as I understand it you can't keep apps on it, just photographs and files.
Mav

Further to my reply #7 I have just installed the 32GB MicroSD into my Acer that has Android 4.4.2 (KitKat).
I have now found out that MPE will not transfer between the internal and external cards as it does under 4.2.2  Sad
Luckily it came with Astro File Manager which seems to be doing the job reasonably well

WTF
Grafter

Re the original question: is the photo being resized to fit it on the screen?  That would affect perceived quality more the higher the original pixel count.  Zoom all the way out and the SLR's pictures willl probably look better .. of course, you'll probably only get to see a postage stamp size portion of the photo  Undecided