cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Models Banned

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Samsung Models Banned

A number of Samsung phone models have been banned from sale by a court in the Netherlands.
Samsung Ban

The ban centres around a claim of copyright infringement by Apple.
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Samsung Models Banned

I'll watch out for an update for my HTC Android phone Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes the report says Google will issue an Android update.  Wonder how that will solve the copyright issue Undecided  i have a Samsung Galaxy S2 which is one of the phones mentioned.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It's all tit for tat stuff, I dislike software patents intensely as usual the only real winners are the lawyers.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Whatever next, Absolutely ridiculous.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: dvorak
It's all tit for tat stuff, I dislike software patents intensely as usual the only real winners are the lawyers.

Ditto. All these patents are just being used now to try and destroy the enemy rather than improve products and cooperation. It must be said though that these patents do have their uses.. Remember Dyson years ago had to take on another vacuum cleaner maker who had copied the Dyson tech. I personally don't rate Dysons that highly.. we have one and it got blocked once consequently loosing its suction.. in a no loss of suction hoover. Their tech support instructed me to unblock it and full suction would be returned.. just like any other hoover  Roll_eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!