cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem 2704n WiFi Repeater/Client

chrisdodson1

Sagem 2704n WiFi Repeater/Client

Hi community

My first here :), I have been doing some research into whether the Sagem 2704n can be used as a wireless repeater, some of the forum posts have helped me but not entirely sure they answer my exact question.

What I am doing is basically using a new PlusNet Hub one as my primary router connected to my PlusNet fibre, everything downstairs works fine using this, however upstairs the signal isnt as strong, therefore I am wanting to use my old Sagem 2704n as a wifi repeater.

Ideally I would like to connect other devices to this, mostly wireless devices like phones, tablets etc, however I also want to utilise the 4 port switch on this too and connect a few devices.

Is this possible?

Thanks again

3 REPLIES 3
chrisdodson1

Re: Sagem 2704n WiFi Repeater/Client

Hi community, anyone able to answer my query? Appreciate the help here

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I am not familiar with the 2704, but believe it should be possible. You will need a cable connection from a LAN port on the Hub1 to the WAN port of the 2704, then depending on how you want to do it, make sure both routers are issuing the same IP address range - either change the range on one of them, or switch off DHCP on the 2704 I believe.

More info and details on Google, or a search on here.

jimbof
Grafter

@mustrum That isn't a wifi repeater, it is a wireless access point.  

You are unlikely to be able to turn it into a wifi repeater unless you can run 3rd party firmware such as openWRT on it.

Quick google says wifi support is limited in OpenWRT.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/plusnet/fast2704nv1

If you could use a couple of powerlines to link the two routers via their LAN ports over ethernet / powerline (assuming cabling is the issue) then you might be able to get something working.