cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

Quote from: Anotherone
That doesn't say much for the firmware update then Roll_eyes

What Firmware ?
alhenderson
Grafter

Re: Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

Plusnet did a firmware upgrade on my router to try and fix the problem I was having. Didn't help 😞
dick:quote
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

ahh ok, thanks alhenderson.
gwagstaff
Dabbler

Apologies for jumping in on your topic alhenderson. As a relative new user of the 2704N and plusnet fibre I am having the same problems as yourself and its getting very annoying. I have also posted in users ceedy posts elsewhere in this forum who is also having the same problem.
Its a shame nobody from plusnet has contributed to this issue in either posting. Perhaps I should ring them tomorrow.
alhenderson
Grafter

Quote from: gwagstaff
Apologies for jumping in on your topic alhenderson. As a relative new user of the 2704N and plusnet fibre I am having the same problems as yourself and its getting very annoying. I have also posted in users ceedy posts elsewhere in this forum who is also having the same problem.
Its a shame nobody from plusnet has contributed to this issue in either posting. Perhaps I should ring them tomorrow.

No problems, the more the merrier 🙂 I tried phoning, but the expected waiting time of an hour put me off that idea! I've had more success tweeting them, someone actually rang to talk to me! I was assured that mine was an isolated problem and that the router itself is up to the job. Perhaps if more people complain they'll realise this is clearly not the case..
Al
alhenderson
Grafter

One question, if I may. Are you having problems with your Sky box? If so, does yours have built in WiFi, or do you have an external WiFi connector?
Al
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi again, just a quick mention could you delete the full quote from your reply #65 - as it's a direct follow on from the preceding post it's not needed, reply #64 is ok because it's the start of a new page, but otherwise full quotes of immediately preceding posts are contrary to Forum Rules Wink
I know the firmware update didn't fix anything for you, what did Plusnet say it was supposed to fix?
@gwagstaff
Welcome to the forum. I don't know that phoning will achieve too much at this time. Plusnet are aware of this thread and hopefully we'll get a response from at least one of the CRT members tomorrow.
alhenderson
Grafter

Sorry, have deleted the quote. Plusnet didn't say what they thought the firmware update might fix, although the fact that I was talking with them about this issue made me assume it was related...
Al
Anotherone
Champion

Not too helpful then, I'll see what I can find out.
thedyes0
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

*bangs head*
These annoying random disconnections from wifi are so frustrating, especially when it says it cannot connect sometimes because of an "Authentication Error" when nothing has been changed, so it just won't reconnect for anywhere from 1 second upto 2 hours...
When it happens on my phone, restarting the router doesn't seem to fix it, nor does restarting my phone. I've experienced the same thing on a laptop, tablet and also a wireless computer (dongle) so it's not isolated to one device and it was doing it on stock setup too
alhenderson
Grafter

Got to admit you seem to have it worse than me.  I have no problems with phones, laptops etc, just the Sky box.  But then my other devices are not generally connected for more than a few hours before they leave the house and then reconnect coming back in,  The Sky box is the only device I have that stays in the house and stays connected to the WiFi.
Still nothing from plusnet, chased them up yesterday and had to re-explain the whole thing to someone else..
Al.
alhenderson
Grafter

So, if I were to buy a fibre router to replace this 2704 thing, does anyone have any recommendations?  I'd usually buy Netgear...
Cheers,
Al.
Anotherone
Champion

I'd have a good look around this forum not only this board but the Fibre one as well. There'll also be posts on the ADSL board, some where people us whatever as a modem in bridge mode, and have the used their own choice of Router, but there will be Fibre related ones from before the board was split to ADSL and a separate Fibre.
alhenderson
Grafter

Thanks, I'll have a look around 🙂  Out of interest, what's the difference between a 'fibre' router and the Netgear DGN2200 I used when we had ADSL?  Is it the ability to take the feed from an ethernet cable rather than a phone cable, or is that a simplification?
Cheers,
Al.
Anotherone
Champion

A Router has an Ethernet WAN connection. A Modem/Router has an ADSL WAN connection. Your statement is right Wink
Another common name for what you want is a Cable Router.
What you don't want is a VDSL modem/router .... unless you want to replace BT's Modem, but then your choices get more tricky.
Decide what you need first - Gigabit ports? 5GHz Wireless? - You might want to be sure that it'll do 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time, some don't. What sort of wireless do you need - do you need one with external aerials? Parental Control/Access Control?.....the list goes on Wink