cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

thedyes0
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

Hi,
The Sagem router that Plusnet provided I've found to be rather poor, it has extremely regular connection problems with wireless and wired devices, more so with ones that are permanently connected.
Let's start with my Sky+ connector, I've tried connecting it via WPS and also manually and on initial connection it works fine but after say 24 hours or so it doesn't work and requires reconnection... I've tried giving it a static ip both locally on the sky box and remotely on the router but both times after x hours it somehow loses network capabilities.
Let's move on to my home signal box which connects via an Ethernet cable, it works sometimes but then after x hours it stops working, I have to either keep resetting the device or wait (it sometimes manages to reconnect after a few hours or so. I've tried both static and dynamic local ips but same thing happens.
I even get connection problems on tablets, phones and laptops where they lose connection somehow and when you try to reconnect it doesn't let you, sometimes it rectifies itself other times it doesn't which requires a reboot of the router because rebooting or reconnecting WiFi on my phone and tablet doesn't seem to do anything. It says authentication error. Again I've tried both static and dynamic local ips but nothing helps.
Thanks
126 REPLIES 126
thedyes0
Rising Star

Re: Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

I am also getting frequent WiFi disconnections, I've tried different channels on the WiFi but still the same (no I'm not in a congested area, only 3 WiFi networks around me.
thedyes0
Rising Star

Re: Sagem 2704N connection problems with my Sky+ connector and Three's HomeSignal bo

Bump, problem still exists.
thedyes0
Rising Star

Bump bump bump, this is annoying...
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

We were connected to fibre on the 12th May & have the Sagem router.
Although all our internet appliances are connected via ethernet cables & Wi-Fi is switched off at the router, we did test connections via Wi-Fi & everything worked ok.
We've had no dropouts & we're getting consistent speeds.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@thedyes0
Sorry for the lack of replies here.
The line itself doesn't seem to be disconnecting much, the current connection has been ongoing for over 3 days without a disconnection.
As this is happening on both wireless and ethernet it seems quite odd, I don't suppose you have an alternative router you could test to rule that out?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thedyes0
Rising Star

I'm pretty sure it's down to the dchp on this router,  it appears to get stuck or something.
I don't have a different router that can work with fibre Sad
dick:quote
thedyes0
Rising Star

Bump bump bump, this sagem is awful.
When the internet works I love the fast internet but when it doesn't....sigh
thedyes0
Rising Star

Bump bump, I'm still needing help sorting this out
thedyes0
Rising Star

Still nothing...
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

PN say it "doesn't seem to be disconnecting much" but I believe their radius graph doesn't always see dropped vdsl connections. I suggest you double check that by creating a ping graph and see if that indicates any vdsl drops.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html
Edit -- I believe the Sagem doesn't reply to pings so the above is no good, sorry,  it may be worth trying a different router.
Alternatively get a unlocked Huawei modem and check the stats / log to check for vdsl drops.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am sure that by now PN would have fixed the respond to ping , so we can see the TBB graphs ,,,,,,,,,,, Unless ,,,,,,, they dont want us to see whats happening !
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
thedyes0
Rising Star

Hmmmm, I wonder... Bump
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The lack of response to "ping" requires a firmware update as has been mentioned on threads on the hardware board. The "reason" it wasn't included in the current customised firmware was given as some supposed "security" issue resulting from pings being allowed Roll_eyes
Hi the dyes0, welcome to the Forum btw.
If Plusnet have said your connection isn't dropping, then I doubt that your issue has anything to do with the connection so vdsl drops don't even enter the picture. In any event a CRT member could post a Vis.Radius graph for you to show that it's OK.
What IP address are you assigning to your extender (or any of your devices)? Are they all within the DHCP range before you define them as Static?
What other routers (if any) do you have?
alhenderson
Grafter

I'm having the same problem with this awful router.  We got fibre about 3 weeks ago and ever since my Sky Box has reported frequent problems trying to connect to on demand.  I thought I had sorted it the other night when I reset everything and all was fine.  However, I went to download something tonight and again the Sky box is reporting problems connection to On Demand.  A Sky help page suggests changing the Multi-plexing method on the router to be 'LLC Based', but of course I can't do anything useful like that on this router!
Has anyone got any thoughts on this?
Cheers,
Al.